You don’t have to settle for an entryway bench that’s made out of boring materials. With this tutorial, you can build your own DIY entry bench with storage and add personal touches to make it unique.
Make your own entryway bench and storage using this simple tutorial.
You’ll need a few tools and materials to make this DIY entry bench/storage unit. You will also need to measure, cut, stain and seal the wood correctly so that it fits together smoothly. This project should take you about 4 hours to complete.
You can easily add a bench and storage to your entryway with these simple, step-by-step instructions.
- Plywood (1/2″ thick) or MDF (medium density fiberboard) cut to size
- Wood glue or construction adhesive
- Screws for the 2×4 frame (the dimensions will depend on the size of your bench)
- A few hinges for the lid of the box/trunk
- A latch that fits your trunk door lock if you want one
- 2 – 12 foot 1 x 10 boards
- 2 – 12 foot 2 x 4 boards
- Wood glue
Tools you’ll need:
- Tape measure * Pencil * Circular saw or handsaw (if desired)
Now that you know how to make an entryway bench with storage, it’s time to get out there and do it!
You can use different types of wood for this project (we used pine), personalize it with your own colors, or even add a coat of paint on top if you want. The possibilities are endless.
And don’t forget that if you have any questions along the way, we’re here to help answer them. Happy crafting!